Sale of Sadiola mine in Mali: AngloGold Ashanti undergoing due diligence
Extraction was suspended last year at the gold mine which has resources of 3.23 million ounces.
Someone shares this article with you
▪ Sale of Sadiola mine in Mali: AngloGold Ashanti undergoing due diligence
▪ Extraction was suspended last year at the gold mine which has resources of 3.23 million ounces.
20/11/2019 at 18h14, by Gaëlle Arenson, updated 22/11/2019
The mine is still open though and has transitioned to a stockpile treatment plan. Following the depletion of oxide ore reserves at the mine, the site’s operator, AngloGold Ashanti Ltd and joint shareholder IamGold, started discussions with the authorities to develop a sulphide ore treatment project. However, since negotiations with Bamako have been unsuccessful, Anglo and IamGold, which both own 41% of the mine, have decided to sell their shares.
Any questions ? contact us
Please get in touch with the Jeune Afrique Business+ team if you require any further information.
Email us : email@example.com
Add JAB+ to your home screen
1. Click on at the bottom of your screen.
2. Click on to add JAB+ on the home screen.
3. Enter the name of the shortcut and confirm.