Engineers Without Borders Canada launches a $24m fund and targets Francophone Africa
The new vehicle, Hummingbird Impact, will support start-ups run by women or with a high level of ethnic diversity.
Someone shares this article with you
▪ Engineers Without Borders Canada launches a $24m fund and targets Francophone Africa
▪ The new vehicle, Hummingbird Impact, will support start-ups run by women or with a high level of ethnic diversity.
17/03/2020 at 18h36, by Valentin Grille, updated 19/03/2020
According to information obtained for this report, Hummingbird Impact aims to raise the $24m quickly and will decide by the end of the year on its anchor investor. Muthoni Wachira, founder and director of the fund, also told Jeune Afrique Business+ that while the vehicle will combine institutional investors and private capital, the focus is on the latter. In particular, Hummingbird wants to attract investors from French-speaking West Africa to gain a firm foothold on these markets.
Any questions ? contact us
Please get in touch with the Jeune Afrique Business+ team if you require any further information.
Email us : firstname.lastname@example.org
Add JAB+ to your home screen
1. Click on at the bottom of your screen.
2. Click on to add JAB+ on the home screen.
3. Enter the name of the shortcut and confirm.