Bank & Insurance
Elloumi Group sets sights on BPCE’s BTK bank

Elloumi Group sets sights on BPCE’s BTK bank

The influential Elloumi family (active in manufacturing, agri-food, real estate and financial consulting, among others) is, according to our sources, in discussions with French giant BPCE with a view to buying its shares (60%) in mixed bank BTK (Banque Tuniso-Koweitienne). The remaining 40% is divided equally between the Tunisian state and the Kuwaiti sovereign fund.

Someone shares this article with you
            ▪ Elloumi Group sets sights on BPCE’s BTK bank

▪ The influential Elloumi family (active in manufacturing, agri-food, real estate and financial consulting, among others) is, according to our sources, in discussions with French giant BPCE with a view to buying its shares (60%) in mixed bank BTK (Banque Tuniso-Koweitienne). The remaining 40% is divided equally between the Tunisian state and the Kuwaiti sovereign fund.

http://www.jeuneafriquebusinessplus.com/en/806415/elloumi-group-sets-sights-on-bpces-btk-bank/

17/12/2020 at 18h59, by Jeune Afrique Business+

The institution has been in turmoil for several months. Both Mohamed Karim Mounir’s Moroccan bank BCP (Banque Centrale Populaire) and the Tunisian State were close to buying the stake belonging to BPCE, led by Laurent Mignon, before the deals fell through.

To read the article and discover your subscription benefits

You are connected to your Jeune Afrique account but your Jeune Afrique Business+ subscription does not allow you to consult the English version. To update your subscription, contact us by clicking here.

Recommended articles

Bank & Insurance

12/11/2020 at 18h27, by Mathieu Galtier

How Tunisia’s Prime Minister Mechichi dropped the purchase of BTK (BPCE group)

Hichem Mechichi’s government has definitively put to bed any possibility of the state’s takeover of BTK...

Bank & Insurance

21/10/2020 at 17h21, by El Mehdi Berrada

Tunis backpedals on purchase of BPCE’s shares in BTK

According to our sources, the bank remains in the BPCE fold after the Tunisian state reneged on its choice...

Bank & Insurance

19/12/2019 at 15h27, by Jeune Afrique Business+

In its hurry to leave the continent, BPCE misses a good deal with BTK

Morocco’s Banque Centrale Populaire (BCP), which hoped to buy back the shares held by BPCE, received...

Bank & Insurance

25/10/2019 at 23h21, by Jeune Afrique Business+

BCP vs. Attijariwafa Bank: a Moroccan duel in Tunisia

In September, Morocco’s Banque centrale populaire (BCP), headed up by Mohamed Karim Mounir, will purchase...

Any questions ? contact us

Please get in touch with the Jeune Afrique Business+ team if you require any further information.

Email us : abonnements@jeuneafriquebusinessplus.com

Add JAB+ to your home screen

1. Click on + at the bottom of your screen.

2. Click on + to add JAB+ on the home screen.

3. Enter the name of the shortcut and confirm.